click on one of the vintages below for further information
2016   2017  


Like Chablis appellation, the main bedrock comes from the Jurassic epoch, or more precisely the Kimmeridgean age (150 million years ago). The 34 hectares of the Mont de Milieu “umbrella” vineyard are located on the right bank of the River Serein in the communes of Fleys and Fyé. It enjoys a geographical situation comparable to those of the grand crus and its south/south-east aspect guarantee extremely good sunshine.


100% Chardonnay

Vinification and maturing

- Long pneumatic pressing.
- Static cold settling of the musts.
- Alcoholic fermentation started in stainless-steel, then, after 3 days, racking of around 25% from the juices which were placed in fine-grained barrels. For the other part (75%) the fermentation lasted 10 days in temperature-controlled vats (18-20ºC) to preserve a maximum fruit.
- 100% malolactic fermentation.
- ageing on lees during 12 months.

Tasting notes

Elegant gold colour.
Very complex nose with notes of white flowers and fruits (peach).
The mouth is unctuous and already open with an explosion of yellow fruits and hazelnut aromas. The finish is long, rich and almost saline.

Food and wine pairing

It can be enjoyed young (2-3 years old) with veal or poultry in sauce, crustaceans and shellfish, grilled fish or fresh cheese.

Serving suggestions


Ageing potential

From 5 to 10 years.

Vintage : 2016

2016, if it is small by its quantity, is a great vintage by its quality
After a mild winter, nobody suspected that the spring would bring a polar spell hitting a record area of vines at the end of April with a devastating frost. The episodes of hail that followed on the Mâconnais and the northern parts of the Bourgogne region once again reduced the harvest, while exceptional rainfall also made things difficult in the vines. Fortunately, June marked the start of a hot, sunny spell, and the vines started to get back on track. Flowering, budburst, and ripening happened undisturbed, and the weather at the end of the season was fine. Harvesting began on 20 September and continued through to mid-October.
Vintage 2016 thus offers some fine surprises with wines of potentially high quality. The white wines have fine fruit aromas, are generous with good body and will be ready to drink while young whereas the red wines are powerful, tender, concentrated and will be ideal for ageing.

Ropiteau Frères told in images



Where to find us

Agrandir le plan